Premier Roofing Options - Wood Shakes vs. Asphalt Shingles
When it comes to roofing your home, you have a lot of different choices to make. Perhaps the most important choice is between wood shakes and asphalt shingles. Both have their pros and cons, so it's important to know what you're getting into before making a decision. Here's a look at wood shakes vs. asphalt shingles, to help you decide which is best for your home.
Wood shakes have been used for premiere roofing for centuries, and for good reason. They're durable, long-lasting, and look great. But there are some drawbacks to wood shakes as well. Here's a closer look at the pros and cons of wood shakes:
- Wood shakes are very durable and can last for decades.
- They're also fire resistant, which is a huge plus.
- Wood shakes give your home a rustic, natural look that many homeowners love.
- Wood shakes are more expensive than asphalt shingles.
- They're also heavier, which can put extra strain on your home's structure.
- Wood shakes require more maintenance than asphalt shingles, and they're not as easy to repair if they're damaged.
Asphalt shingles have become the most popular roofing material in recent years, and for good reason. They're cheaper than wood shakes, easier to install, and require less maintenance. But there are some drawbacks to asphalt shingles as well. Here's a closer look at the pros and cons of asphalt shingles:
- Asphalt shingles are much cheaper than wood shakes.
- They're also much lighter, which makes them easier to install.
- Asphalt shingles require very little maintenance and are easy to repair if they're damaged.
- Asphalt shingles don't last as long as wood shakes.
- They're also not as fire-resistant.
- Asphalt shingles can give your home a more "plastic" look that some homeowners don't love.
So, which is best? Wood shakes or asphalt shingles? The answer depends on your needs and preferences. If you want a durable, long-lasting roof that looks great, wood shakes are a good choice. But if you're looking for a cheaper, easier-to-maintain option, asphalt shingles are the way to go. Whichever you choose, make sure you do your research and pick the roofing material that's right for your home.
When it comes to roofing, there are a lot of options to choose from. You can go with wood shakes, asphalt shingles, or even metal roofing. So which is the best option for your home?
That depends on a few factors, including your budget and the climate in your area.
If you want a durable and long-lasting roof that will protect your home against the elements, then asphalt shingles may be the best option for you.
But if you’re looking for a more stylish or unique look, wood shakes may be the way to go.
Contact Us today to discuss your needs and find out which type of roof is best for your home.
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Our Work and Schedule a Service!